We just completed an incredible three days of competitive and very fun golf for all those playing in our member guest “The Egan” tournament. Congratulations to our top three finishers from the Championship Shootout. The overall team champions were Tim Booher and his guest Chris Schalker. The championship runners-up were Mark Garcia and his guest Eric Rohde. The championship third place honors went to Kevin Riley and his guest Ryan Alvord.
The following are the flight winners who all participated in the Championship Shootout:
- Flight 1: Tyler Juhola and his guest Jon Davis
- Flight 2: John Pinca and his guest Graham Schmaltz
- Flight 3: Tim Booher and his guest Chris Schalker
- Flight 4: Jed Keener and his guest Brian Bratcher
- Flight 5: Kirk Whitney and his guest Jared Pearson
- Flight 6: Eric Knapp and his guest Kevin Godwin
- Flight 7: Kory Callantine and his guest John Boyd
- Flight 8: Terry Rennie and his guest Tony Hoffman
- Flight 9: A tie between Karl Finkelnburg and his guest Bruce Hardy and Paul Panico and his guest Don Shoffstall
- Flight 10: Matt Hillman and his guest David Miller.
Congratulations to all the flight winners.
The Championship Shootout also included five wild card entries whose teams accumulated the most points and not winning their flights. They were:
- Mark Garcia and his guest Eric Rohde
- Joel Rychard (hole in one Friday on hole 16) and his guest Doug Rychard
- Kevin Riley and his guest Ryan Alvord
- Doug Davis and his guest Jason Mooney
- and Brandon Kearney and his guest Doug McDermott.
Thank you LGA and MGA volunteers for helping make this tournament such a great success. A special thanks to Scott Hakala who organized the spotter volunteers and was around everywhere helping for all three days. Finally, a special thanks to Mark Garcia and Lindsay Wallace for providing much behind the scenes effort in helping the pro shop put on a very successful tournament.
The MGA congratulates the following 2021 Hole in One celebrants: Brian Brown on March 27th, hole #3, his 1st HOI; Mac Ryder on May 23rd, hole #3, his 7th HIO; Jeff Hughes on June 22nd, hole #3, his 2nd HIO; and Joel Rychard on June 25th, hole #16, his 3rd HIO.
If you haven’t signed up yet, the Firecracker Open has 23 teams signed so there is still room for more teams. Also coming up in July is the Men’s 27 Hole Championships with only 12 teams signed up so far. We need more teams for this event. The end of the month brings us the Mirror Pond Invitational which is still accepting individual signups.
With this hot weather, stay hydrated and understand your limits to avoid heat exhaustion.