Some positive thoughts to share:
- COVID-19 vaccinations are inching us closer to “herd immunity.” ( The latter definition of more resistance to infection was used 100 years ago by Oregon State Agricultural College in addressing how to conquer an infection in herds of cows.)
- The current snowpack in the Upper Deschutes Basin (where we are) is in the 90-100% range in precipitation and level of water in the snow. Looking forward to a summer without wildfires!
- The days are getting longer and warmer! Glad there is snow for the skiers, but I am more than ready to see daffodils blooming.
- September 10-12; The Pine Cone Classic Member Guest tournament. The first day is a practice day for you and your guest, although there are opportunities for the two of you to practice on an earlier day. There may be events on the afternoon of the 10th including putting and chipping contests, registration, and a reception. Format on the 11th and 12th to be decided, but often it is better ball. The entry fee includes 3 rounds for your guest, 2 meals, tee prizes, and awards. Last year’s event was shortened to one day because of the pandemic and was called the “Corona Classic.” It was great fun.
- October closer: On the last Wednesday of October is our Halloween event. Some type of competition will be held, followed by an LGA general meeting that includes LOTS of awards and recognitions and installation of the 2021-22 LGA Board of Governors. This is the time for winners of most birdies, chip ins, eclectic and Most Improved Golfer.
Our Ladies Invitational is coming in June! We would like to update our list of invitees; please let Leslie Satterfield know of potential golfers to add to her list. Her email address is email@example.com or you can give the information to the Pro Shop.
Watch for the sign up for the Masters Tournament on April 10! It is fun, especially if you dress for cool weather!
Nancy Eldredge, LGA President